1. I used to do archery a couple years back so give me a bow and arrow and I’ll go all Katniss Everdeen on you.
2. I have a citric acid intolerance so any food that has high amounts of it in that I eat makes me suddenly have a hot flush. Devestatingly, Prawn Cocktail crisps contain unbelievably high amounts of citric acid however it’s my favourite flavour so you’ll just see me eating them whilst fanning myself and splashing cold water on my face. It’s a small price to pay.
3. I can sleep anywhere, anyday, anytime. Plane, train, car, bus – if I’m tired, you’ll find me napping.
4. My favourite ever film is Overboard. If you’ve never watched it, I demand you to stop what you’re doing (obviously read to the end of this post first) and go and watch it. Like, now.
5. I have no middle name. Roisin McDonnell is long enough.
6. My favourite book is Me before You by Jojo Moyes. This is the only book that has ever made me cry and now they’re making it into a film. Pass me the tissues.
7. It would be practically impossible to break my nose as it’s pretty flexible because of its smallness and lack of cartilage.
8. I don’t have a favourite colour, why restrict yourself?
9. My all time favourite meal would have to be Babotie. A South African recipe that my uncle brought back from travelling the world.
10. I absolutely love ice cream. There’s not a flavour that I’ve come across that I don’t like.
11. When looking for a car I struggled to find one that I could fit my legs under the steering wheel as they are so long.
12. I spent most of my childhood on the ‘naughty step’ as I liked to test the boundaries.
13. I have a thing for jumpers. They take up 2/3 of one of my double wardrobes.
14. Apparently my name is near impossible to pronounce so over the years I’ve been called everything under the sun and generally answer to anything that starts with an R.
Eg. Roshlin, Raisin, Rajan, Rachelle, Rosyln, Rosanne.
15. I’m one of those people, if a song comes on, who not only sings to the lyrics but proceed to make all the instrumental noises too. Drums, guitar, keyboard – you name it, I’ll give it a go.
16. A girl in primary school once tripped me up and bust my lip open because she didn’t want me to be friends with her cousin.
17. I don’t like wearing bracelets or rings. I can appreciate them on other people but they just annoy me if I’m wearing them.
18. My nickname as a child was Boo as I was the spitting image of the little girl from Monsters inc.
19. I’ve never broken a bone.
20. I once threw a pizza slice at my sister across the dining table because she was kicking me under it. I ended up on the naughty step, again.
21. I cannot stand the feel of velvet. Velvet to me is like nails on a chalkboard.
22. I once cut a huge chunk out of my fringe (bearing in mind I was about 2) because my sister had just done it and I obviously thought “Damn, I want me some of that”.
23. I’m forever putting things in a ‘safe place’ and then forgetting where the safe place is.
24. I misplace my phone at least once a day. One time I even found it in the fridge.
25. One of the first things I notice about a person is their eyebrows.
And that’s it, twenty five facts that have either made you laugh, or completely scared you off. Which number surprised you the most? What’s a random fact about yourself that other people may not know?
Let me know I’d love to hear what you have to say!
Ciao for now